Lemon Lavender Cookies with Lemon Glaze
Author: Alice Seuffert
- 2 ½ Cups Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 2 sticks Land O’Lakes Butter-Salted
- ½ Cup Sugar, plus ¼ cup for rolling cookies
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 lemons
- 1 Egg (room temperature)
- 1 TB Lavender buds, plus additional for garnish (1 tsp)
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, zest from 2 lemons and 2 tsp lemon juice. Add egg and mix. Gradually add in flour mixture and mix until combined. Add in 1 TB lavender buds and mix.
- Form dough into two long rolls and slice into 36 total pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and roll in sugar. Press down cookie ball.
- Arrange a dozen cookie balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- For glaze, mix 2 TB lemon juice and powdered sugar. Drizzle on cookies and garnish with additional lavender buds